Week of February 14, 2011
Click on the logo above to go the the NPR Science site, or use the links below to navigate to one of the stories that I thought may interest you.
- Toxic Avengers: Pollution Drove Fish Evolution (3:33)
- Hibernating Bears ‘A Metabolic Marvel’ (3:54)
- Gene Mutation Key To Ecuador Group’s Health (3:42)
- Researchers Link Extreme Rains To Global Warming (3:50)
- Climate Change And Faith Collide In Kiribati (5:09)
- V.S. Ramachandran’s Tales Of The ‘Tell-Tale Brain’ (18:33)
- Can Science Be Used As A Diplomatic Tool? (12:24)
Last week, I showed my students my most recent NPR post and allowed them to pick the story title that most interested them to watch and talk about at the beginning of class. They picked the video on the Meat-Eating Furniture and were quite intrigued. Then, I showed them James Randi’s video on Homeopathy. None of them had heard of homeopathic treatments but they appreciated being educated regarding the difference between these treatments and drugs that have been through FDA approval.