The objective of Kansas Association of Biology Teachers is to improve the teaching of biological sciences through the interchange of ideas, dissemination of information, and fellowship among its members.
• KABT sponsors a fall meeting involving the presentation of papers, invited speakers, and panel discussions.
• KABT conducts a spring field trip meeting to a site of state-wide ecological interest.
• KABT publishes a group BioBlog at http://www.kabt.org containing news of members, teaching hints and ideas, and short articles.
• KABT has regional seminars and workshops for teachers and students.
• KABT publishes The Kansas Biology Teacher Journal.