Theme 4: Energy and Homeostasis
Keywords: phospholipid bilayer, active transport, passive transport, diffusion, facilitated diffusion, membrane proteins, protein channels, enzyme activity, cell-to-cell recognition, cell signaling, transport of materials, osmosis, selectively permeable membrane, exocytosis, endocytosis, vesicles, homeostasis, negative feedback, positive feedback
- How does a cell separate what is inside the cell from what is outside the cell?
- How do cells get things in and out, as needed by the cell?
- How do cells maintain conditions inside that allow life to exist?
- Structures and functions of membrane proteins
- Structure and function of sodium-potassium pumps
Further Research: hypotonic, hypertonic, isotonic, membrane potential, proton pump, cotransport, pinocytosis, receptor-mediated endocytosis