Keywords– Pallid Sturgeon, Longnose Gar, Paddlefish, American Eel, Grass Carp, Golden Shiner, Fathead Minnow, Smallmouth Buffalo, River Carpsucker,
Black Bullhead, Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish, Blue Catfish, Walleye, Largemouth Bass, Green Sunfish, Bluegill, Orangespotted Sunfish, White Crappie, Black Crappie, Orangethroat Darter, Mosquitofish, Freshwater Drum, Gizzard Shad
- What are some of the types of fishes that can be found in Kansas, and what are some interesting things about them?
- How are the Kansas Fishes we’ll study related to each other?
2. Identify all species from Kansas Fishes Practice PPT (using Information PPT and field guides)
3. Create Kansas Fishes Classification Concept Map using “A Checklist to Kansas Fishes”.
- Research and create a project explaining the economic importance of fishing in Kansas.
- Research and create a project that explains the historical significance of Lewis L. Dyche and the Pratt Fish Hatchery.
- Create a poster on the natural history of any fish species or group in Kansas.
Further Research: economic impact of zebra mussels, introduced versus native Kansas fish, carp biology, catfish biology, history of noodling in Kansas, effects of dams on fish migration, history of reservoirs in Kansas, history of farm ponds in Kansas, lifespan of Kansas reservoirs, Frank Cross, Kansas minnow diversity, SINC, Threatened, and Endangered Kansas Fishes, etc.