Keywords– migratory farm labor camps, tenant farmers, FSA rehabilitation borrowers, mechanized farming, Dust Bowls, impact of industrial revolution on farming/agriculture
1. In what ways did people interact with the land many years ago?
2. In what ways was the interaction of people with the land many years ago very different from the ways people interact with the land today?
3. In what ways was the interaction of people with the land similar to how people interact today?
4. What lessons can we learn today from the way people interacted with the land in the past?
5. How can interview questions be worded to get as much information as possible from the interviewee?
1. Choose a Native American tribe in Kansas, and research their interactions with the land before the arrival of European settlers.
2. Research early European settlers in Kansas, and describe their interaction with the land.
3. Research the animals of Kansas before the arrival of ANY humans.
Further Research: Native American agriculture in Kansas, land use of the earliest native peoples in Kansas, research the animals of Kansas before the arrival of ANY humans, Giant Beaver, North American camels, saber tooth cats in Kansas, Mastodons in Kansas, Xiphactinus in Kansas, Mosasaurs in Kansas, Kansas ocean?, limestone fossils in Kansas, etc.